Learn moreShort Courses
Basic Mine Measuring
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at providing a fundamental understanding of stope tape measuring as performed by a Mineral Resource Department employee or anyone needing a basic understanding of tape measuring.
This course will also cover Unit Standards from the MQA to enable Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) during further studies through the MQA and QCTO.
On completion of the course, the learner will be able to successfully demonstrate:
- Risk Assessment
- Undertake tape and offset surveying
- Plot tape and offset measurements on a plan
- The Planimeter
- Structural Features
- Position a tape for measuring
- Measure and Record the Dip and Strike of a Plane
- Geological Mapping of and Underground Workplace
Get In Touch
Office: +27 56 811 3464
Mobile: +27 83 326 8005
+24 399 667 3585
14 Alleman Street, Parys,
Free State, South Africa, 9585